Seminars and Workshops
A significant portion of Dr. Mott’s work involves facilitating presentations for individual schools and other non-profit organizations. He can conduct professional development sessions for independent schools and all types of non-profit organizations, as well as speak at conferences, workshops and seminars. Below is a list of Dr. Mott’s available presentations, but others can be customized to meet your specific needs.
Seminar and Workshop Presentations by William R. Mott, Ph.D.
Full, Half Day, 90 minute or Hour Presentations – customized to fit your unique circumstances and timetable.
The Board Game
Dr. Mott, through his book The Board Game, explores and reveals a range of topics relevant to the boards of independent schools and non-profit organizations. This full-day session includes a presentation by Dr. Mott, small group discussions, and Q & A time.
Maintaining a Positive Relationship With Your Board of Trustees
- Dealing with the big three–bullying, meddling, and complaining
- Building relationships between board members and staff leaders
- How to cope with a board that exhibits LLC (Limited Leadership & Cooperation)
- What’s my issue?–the board member with an agenda
- The curse of executive sessions
“We are grateful for the ways in which Dr. Bill Mott assisted Martin. We have a new lease on life with our development office and I give Bill much of the credit for its current strength.”
— Dr. Ted Brown
Martin Methodist College, Pulaski, TN
Saying Yes to Being the Best – The Ten Key Questions for your Board of Trustees
The Eleven Most Important Responsibilities for your Board of Trustees
Enrollment–Retention and New Student Strategies
- Developing strategies to retain current students
- Developing strategies to attract new students
- The role of faculty and staff in retaining and attracting students
Marketing–Branding, Communications and Messaging
- Clarifying messages and focusing communication
Fundraising–Annual, Capital, Endowment, Event
- What is a feasibility study and why do you need one?
- Determining campaign readiness
- Conducting the campaign
- Enhancing your annual fund program
- Creating a planned giving program
Parent and Staff Issues
- Communicating effectively with parents
- Marketing the Membership Program: An evaluation survey created by Dr. Mott. This instrument allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of your ability to attract and retain members to your organization.